You Spoke, We Listened: Help Your Students Manage Their Loans and Make Wise Decisions with Nelnet’s Live Life Smart Guide
During our last round of Regional Advisory Council meetings, a school member suggested we combine all of our materials into one document to provide to students during exit counseling and at other times. That was a great suggestion! Why didn’t we think of that?
Well, we took that suggestion and even went a step further. I am happy to share our new Live Life Smart Guide with you. This comprehensive guide includes a range of topics to help manage student loans. Blending all of our printable literature into one PDF and adding a few new items, the Live Life Smart Guide is bursting at the seams with content, including:
- Student loans 101
- Financial wellness
- Student loan repayment options
- Default prevention strategies
- Student loan definitions
- Entrance/Exit counseling worksheet
- Servicer contact information form
Are you already beginning to think of ways you can use this? Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Print and review it with students during entrance or exit counseling
- Incorporate it into your current financial literacy program
- Conduct an email campaign to your students. Each of these pages can be downloaded individually in our library.
- Download and post on your website
- Link directly to it on our website from yours. Use this link: http://www.nelnetloanservicing.com/wp-content/uploads/22062_Live_Life_Smart_Guide_FIN.pdf
A large amount of the content in this guide was driven from your feedback regarding the needs of the financial aid community and borrowers. Keep letting us know how we can continue to help. If you are attending NASFAA, stop by the Nelnet booth to check out the Live Life Smart Guide and tell us what you think!