In the January 20th Electronic Announcement, FSA announced an upcoming “FAFSA Office Hours” event on Twitter scheduled for January 26th. Yes, FSA has launched a new Twitter account @FAFSA! FSA plans to use Twitter to support ongoing conversations about student financial aid. FSA will be hosting a monthly series of Q&A sessions on Twitter. The first event will be January 26th at 4:30 p.m. EST. Martha Kanter, the Under Secretary of Education, will be hosting “FAFSA Office Hours” where she will solicit and answer students’ FAFSA questions live on Twitter.
Here’s how it works:
- Follow @FAFSA on Twitter for FAFSA information and financial aid tips.
- Ask questions now and during the live event on Twitter using the hashtag #askFAFSA
- Follow the Q&A live through the @FAFSA Twitter account
- A summary of the live chat including the full Q&A will be posted on the ED.gov blog following the event on the 26th.
If you are interested in promoting this event on your school’s Twitter or Facebook page, FSA drafted some sample posts for you to use. They are as follows:
- Federal Student Aid is now on Twitter! Follow @FAFSA for the latest FAFSA information and financial aid tips.
- Exciting news: @FAFSA is holding “Office Hours” on Twitter Jan. 26th @ 4:30pm EST. Submit your FAFSA questions now using #AskFAFSA.
- Did you hear that FAFSA is hosting “Office Hours” on Twitter? Yup. Follow @FAFSA Jan. 26th @ 4:30pm EST & submit questions using #AskFAFSA.
Sample Facebook Posts:
- Exciting News: Federal Student Aid is now on Twitter! To kick things off, they will be hosting “Office Hours” to answer your FAFSA questions on Twitter. You can start submitting your questions today using the hashtag #AskFAFSA. Follow the @FAFSA Twitter account January 26th at 4:30pm EST where Martha Kanter, The Under Secretary of Education, will be answering your questions live. Follow @FAFSA today! https://twitter.com/FAFSA
- Don’t forget, the deadline to submit your 2012-13 FAFSA is [INSERT YOUR SCHOOL’S DEADLINE HERE]. If you have questions about the FAFSA, submit them on Twitter using the hashtag #AskFAFSA. Make sure you follow @FAFSA and tune in to Office Hours on Twitter, January 26th at 4:30pm EST to see if your question gets answered! https://twitter.com/FAFSA
Pam King, Partner Solutions Strategy Director and Regional Director for Missouri